Lauren - Owner/Manager
Lauren has 6 years experience within the fitness industry as a personal trainer, group exercise instructor, mentor & business owner.
Specialising in group fitness. Lauren's business Epic Health & fitness was established October 2012, after achieving her Certificate IV in Fitness with A.I.P.T (Australian Institute of Personal Trainers).
After completing her studies and following her passion Lauren continued to further her qualifications and open her own Epic Fitness Studio in Pambula in 2018.
As a level 2 registered exercise professional Lauren's qualifications include -
- Certificate III in fitness gym instructor ( AIPT Australian insitute of personal trainers)
- Certificate IV in fitness personal trainer (AIPT Australian institute of personal trainers)
- Level 1 & 2 advanced Bootcamp and outdoor group fitness instructor.
Motivate to Train, Bootcamp alliance Pty Ltd
- Level 2 Punchfit boxing instructor.
- Punchfit Kickpad instructor
- Kettlebells fundamentals level 1 functional training instructor.
(Australian Institute of kettlebells)
- Level 2 advanced concepts in kettlebell training.
(Australian Insituite of kettlebells)
- Metafit HIIT body weight coach
(Metafit training Australia)
- MetaPWR HIIT circuit coach
(Metafit training Australia)
- Accredited pre and postnatal qualified trainer.
(Institute of women's fitness)
- Training children/adolescents and older adults within the fitness qualification. (AIPT)
- Registered Personal trainer and gym instructor with fitness Australia.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- Public liability & professional indemnity insurance for fitness professionals ( Fitness Australia )
Lauren's love for an active life style Inspires her to help others to experience healthier life style changes.
This has been an ultimate dream and passion of Lauren's to be a part of the fitness industry.
Her desire is to not only help people look good and feel great but to also achieve their health and fitness goals, whilst also being able to do what she loves most.
Kristy - Yoga Instructor
Kristy started her yoga studies in 2014 through VIYETT Victorian Institute of Yoga and qualified in 2016 with Santosha Yoga Institute. In 2018 Kristy then created her own yoga business Koastal Soul Yoga.
Kristy has always had a fast paced active lifestyle and is passionate about finding that balance in life , and feels Yoga can help create that balance in life we are all searching for.
Kristy offers a safe, supportive environment where you can let go and unwind away from busy life.
With a balanced class that flows, synchronising movement with breath to bring an awareness and presence that promotes mind/body connection.
The practice will be energising, uplifting and calming.
A fun flow to bring balance into your life.
With growing up in the area Kristy has a love for the coast and nature.
And feels blessed to be able to offer seasonal outdoor Yoga Classes while watching the Sunrise up over some of our amazing beaches.
No better way to start your day..
Lou - Personal Trainer
Lou’s love of health and fitness came about after overcoming personal health issues that arose from not taking enough care of herself, working as a registered nurse and neglecting her own health needs, Lou developed Type ll Diabetes and was suddenly faced with the need to change her life and the way she lived it.
She took on the challenge to kick a couple of addictions, lose weight and get healthy. She managed to change the direction she was headed with her health.
Lou knows first-hand how important it is for each and every one of us to take care of our bodies in order to decrease the risk of developing chronic diseases associated with poor lifestyle choices and low activity levels. She knows that as parents this is often not the case, as prioritising your own health is often difficult amidst the busy-ness of life.
“Because of this she is mindful of making sure that every training session is an effective one!"
She continues to extend her skill base in order to offer others guidance and encouragement to achieve their goals.
✨Lou’s qualifications include
- Cert III & IV in Fitness
- ZUU bronze level coach
- MetaPRO coach
- MetaFIT coach
- MetaPWR coach
- PunchFIT Boxing trainer
- Penalty Box trainer
- Advance certificate in nutritional counselling level 2
- Intermediate recreation running coach
- Running for success coach
- Pilates physio style: Pregnancy and exercise for optimal outcomes
- Senior First Aid
Lou loves the south coast life and loves the people who live here. She has a wonderful sense of community and cannot help but try to inspire those around her to strive for something better.
Lou’s catch phrase is “Look after your body…it’s the only place you have to live”
Sam - Personal Trainer
Aged 47 Sam grew up in Merimbula from the age of 8 was a competitive pool and surf swimmer and is a loving mum of 4 boys aged 17,15 and 3yr old twins.
She completed her cert III in the early 90’s and later in 2005 did her cert IV whilst working for Fernwood woman’s health club in the ACT.
She then continued on for 5 years as a PT at Fernwood and during that time acquired her
- PunchFIT boxing instructors qualification.
- Motivate to Train Bootcamp Instructor certificate.
- Spin instructors qualification.
Her other qualifications include
- Sports trainer level 1.
- Senior first aid certification.
Sam also worked at CISAC and Fit n Fast in Canberra in group fitness as well as personal training for 10 yrs for herself.
Sam’s last position saw her lecturing other fitness lovers in cert III/cert IV in Fitness for the Australian Institute Of Fitness for 2 years before returning home to Merimbula.
It was here that she taught our Madi everything she knows.
Sam was Madi’s coach/mentor through her studies to become a PT and Mad’s referred to her as the ‘Warrior leader’.
it’s so lovely to see these two back together again sharing their passion together.
Sam’s moto has always been........
I have always said sharing fitness knowledge is a passion not a position.
I love it and can’t wait to share my passion with you all.
MIM - PERSONAL TRAINER
I’ve been in the Health & Fitness industry since I was 16, I come from an Althletics/ Swimming background. Furthering my skills and experience over the past 15 years with a range of gym, group fitness classes & Swimming instructing certifications.
I grew up, worked and trained in Sydney moving to the coast 10 years ago.
Currently working in varied roles as an instructor at Pambula Aquatic centre, Splash Swim Soar and Seaside Health Club.
I love my career, I strive to better myself every day, creating a fun, enjoyable & motivating experience. I’m open to learning new skills and bettering myself every chance I can get.
Mim’s qualifications include -
- Aust swim Certification In Children and Adults
- Certificate III in Fitness
Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Children & Adolescences Fitness Instructor
- Certified in Older & Stronger generation group training
- Pre and Post Natal certified
- Strong By Zumba certified
- First Aid / CPR Certification
- Royal Lifesaving Bronze Medallion